Among the most efficient systems on the market based on distributed energy, the Heat Commander is a central heating system that is both cutting edge and accessible thanks to its innovative design and ease of use. EPA certified, its 310,000 BTU capacity makes this furnace versatile and ideal for heating spaces up to 2,500 ft². The Heat Commander’s overall thermal power is notably much higher than most comparable systems.
Result of our victory in an international innovation competition, the Heat Commander is the very first wood furnace on the market to offer Dual Fire© technology with a two-stage electronic combustion control. Find peace of mind with a self-regulated combustion that allows easy ignition. Its automated air supply and flame adjustment systems synchronize with your thermostat to offer additional safety, optimize comfort and reduce emissions with minimal maintenance.
- - Intuitive start mode for fast and clean ignition
- - Optimized combustion for low creosote formation
- - Uninterrupted heat with on-demand boost based on thermostatic demand
- - Among the lowest burn rates on the market (firewood savings)
- - Up to 10 hours burn time
- - 3.6 ft³ firebox
- - 21'' logs (loading over depth and width)
- - EPA certified
- - Proudly made in Canada
- - Limited lifetime warranty
- - Weight : 819 lbs
Included: blower, thermostat, hot air plenum, combustion-state indicator light, automated combustion control, ash lip, ash drawer, poker and scraper
Options: air filter with support, return air duct with filter
- - Air filters help filter dirt before distributing hot air in your installation in addition to protecting the blower. The use of filters is strongly recommended.
- - The fresh air return adapter can be added to the blower box to increase the efficiency of your system. This option allows you to take fresh air from the rooms and bring it to the furnace to be heated and redistributed in these same rooms. It allows more even air circulation to increase comfort.
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area (12)||1,000 - 2,500 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||3.6 ft³|
|Maximum burn time (12)||10 h|
|Maximum input capacity (dry cordwood) (1)||310,000 BTU|
|Nominal heat output at 15lb/ft³ fuel loading density||75,000 BTU|
|Minimum overall heat output rate (7)||19,354 BTU/h (5.6 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate (7)||47,052 BTU/h (13.8 kW)|
|Minimum average overall efficiency (HHV) (11) (10)||76.6 %|
|Maximum average overall efficiency (LHV) (11) (9)||82 %|
|Minimum delivered heat output rate (6)||13,297 BTU/h (3.9 kW)|
|Maximum delivered heat output rate (6)||42,234 BTU/h (12.4 kW)|
|Minimum average delivered efficiency (HHV) (8) (10)||60.7 %|
|Maximum average delivered efficiency (LHV) (8) (9)||65 %|
|Optimum efficiency (3)||83.2%|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency||81 %|
|Average particulate emission rate (4) (5)||0.095 lb/mmBTU (0.041 g/MJ)|
|Average CO (13)||8.78 lb/mmBTU (3.78 g/MJ)|
|Average electrical power consumption (2)||330 W|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||Included|
|Blower (hp | speed | CFM)||1/3 | 1 | 1,135|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||63 1/2" min.|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||51 1/8"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to floor||37 1/8"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||13 7/8"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||13 3/4"|
|Door opening size (Height)||10"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||12 3/8 x 10 1/8"|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Firebox size (Width)||18 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Height)||16 1/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||22 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||21"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width and over depth|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Filter - Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth)||15" x 20" x 1" (option)|
|Hot air plenum - Minimum height of the furnace with plenum||63 1/2" min. for 69" ceiling | 73 1/4" to 88" for a ceiling of 78 1/4" to 93" and more|
|Hot air plenum - Height (minimum - maximum)||22 3/8" x 26 7/8"|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||CAN/CSA B366.1|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 391|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Shipping weight||758 lb (344 kg)|
CLEARANCE TO COMBUSTIBLES*
|Clearance - Back wall of the blower box||14 1/4"||14 1/4"|
|Clearance - Side wall||11"||11"|
|Clearance - Opposite side wall||24"||24"|
|Clearance - Base of the unit to ceiling**||69" min.||69" min|
|Clearance - Plenum | Ducts to the ceiling||5" from the plenum | 1" from ducts||5" from the plenum | 1" from ducts|
|Clearance - Recommended distance for maintenance on option side||30"||30"|
|Clearance - Floor protection in front of the unit (from door opening)||18"||16"|
*The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
2. Unless stated otherwise, measures were taken directly at the main power source and include all electrical components present in the appliance.
3. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
4. Based on delivered heat output.
5. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
6. Delivered: Remotely provided to other rooms through ducting at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density over one total burn cycle.
7. Overall : Radiated and delivered heat together at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density over one total burn cycle.
8. Efficiency based on delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand. LHV % is based on manufacturer’s estimation.
9. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
10. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
11. Efficiency based on radiated and delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand.
12. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft, heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heating area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature considering that the space configuration and the presence of heat distribution systems have a significant impact in making heat circulation optimum.
13. Carbon Monoxyde. Based on overall heat output at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density.
This item qualifies for FREE shipping. Orders are processed 7 days a week and shipped Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). In stock – item will be shipped within (2) business days.
IMPORTANT: Please note that we cannot ship to a P.O. Box.
Curbside Freight Shipments
Heating appliances ship via tractor trailer and are limited to a curbside delivery. Freight carriers are specially trained and equipped to handle over sized and fragile items safely and efficiently. Please refer to the steps below to know what to expect for the delivery service.
Step 1 – Within 24 hours after your order is shipped you will receive a confirmation email providing tracking information.
Step 2 – Once the shipment has arrived at your local freight terminal, transport will call you to schedule a delivery appointment. Appointments are made Mondays – Fridays and you are usually given a 4-hours window to expect delivery during business hours. It is important that the phone number provided when ordering is a working number to contact you.
Step 3 – Curb side delivery completion – The driver will arrive with a lift-gate truck (truck sizes vary) and will lower the appliance onto the ground at the edge of your driveway. Due to company policy the driver is not authorized to move it further. Curbside delivery service does not include set up or assembly of items or removal of packaging materials, nor does it include bringing the items inside the home.
Step 4- Upon delivery, you will need to inspect and sign a Proof of Delivery Receipt for the shipment. Check for visible damage and if any damage is seen make sure that it is noted on the delivery receipt and take pictures of the damage. You have the right to refuse the delivery due to damage shown. For all transport damage issues please contact us immediately.
Drolet products are eligible for returns within 30 days of purchase. Products must be returned in their original packaging with all parts, including the owner’s manual when it applies. When identified with missing packaging, parts or manuals, Zenkai Home reserves the right to deduct an amount equivalent to the missing and or damaged parts and packaging. Our customer service will issue the credit within 14 days of receipt of the returned products. The shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Returned parcels that are not clearly identified with a copy of the return document on the outside of the package will be refused and returned at the sender’s expense. Make sure to use a carrier that is able to provide a tracking number and proof of delivery for traceability purposes.
|Combustion chamber (welds only) and cast iron door frame||Lifetime**||3 years|
|Surrounds, heat shields, ash drawer, steel legs, pedestal, trims (aluminum extrusions), plating (defective manufacture*), and convector air-mate||5 years||3 years|
|Removable stainless steel combustion chamber components, secondary air tubes*, deflectors, and supports||5 years||N/A|
|Glass retainers, handle assembly, and air control mechanism||3 years||1 year|
|Carbon steel combustion chamber components, and vermiculite, C-Cast or equivalent baffle*||2 years||N/A|
|Standard blower, heat sensors, switches, rheostat, wiring, and other controls||1 year||1 year|
|Optional blower, paint (peeling*), ceramic glass (thermal breakage only*), ceramic fibre blankets, gaskets, insulation, and other options||1 year||N/A|
|All parts replaced under the warranty||90 days||N/A|
Still Have Questions?
Speak to a Live Expert
Or Via Live Chat Below
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.